GlobalDots Now Offers Premium China Acceleration Services
GlobalDots have been at the forefront of website acceleration for many years and have secured many productive partnerships with the world’s leading online security providers. Now, we are bringing our expertise to China. The Great Firewall that screens and filters all content delivered from outside of China pushes many enterprises and content providers from around the globe to work with a local CDN operator from within China to accelerate their website speed.
Also, the number of web shoppers coming up from China is no longer something that can be easily disregarded, and it is expected to top the number of US web shoppers by more than 20 million by 2015. This is also when the number of internet users in China is predicted to soar to 750 million – not even half of the Chinese population.
Facing China’s Market Challenges
There are many technological, legal and geographical challenges when it comes to promoting e-commerce or any other kind of industries in China.
In order to overcome those more easily, vendors tend to rely on local talent and set up networks from within the region, using local nodes and servers. A local CDN operator can offer a dedicated platform with service, network, equipment and support team. Also, they will usually provide licenses (for any e-commerce site and for all internet content delivery within China, many licenses are required such as ICP, PSB, and more) and membership to information services, which together leads to a significant improvement of dynamic and static content access, security protection, help in obtaining more visitors to the web, complying with regulations and a serious reduction in costs for both your IT operations and site responsiveness improvements.
Take a look at the following numbers:
- China’s internet users are to reach 750 million by 2015
- This means 193 million online shoppers in comparison with 170 million in the US
- 6% of purchases are made online in China (in US: 4%)
- Increases in China’s internet economy rises by 64% year over year
- There are 6 major ISPs in China that have unstable peering
- All domains are monitored from within The Great Firewall
- 10-15 additional seconds that it takes to send content from outside of the Great Firewall equates to more than 38% site abandonment
Average download speed from US and EU hosted sites will be at least 8x slower than from China hosted sites, plus content providers are about to realize that they cannot reach the whole market with a single content delivery strategy. As we move towards the year 2017, the revenue for the CDN market in China and the Asia Pacific region is expected to grow by many billions of dollars, and China is inevitably the focus of huge interest from global CDN operators. Furthermore, the overall content delivery network market is expected to rise to $7.4 billion by 2017.
Key Benefits from a CDN operator in China
Our content delivery partners in China are amongst the finest internet acceleration service providers from the region. They have already helped with branching out vendors from many different industries such as e-businesses, gaming, video sites, portals, social network sites, enterprises, software services, broadcasting and TV.
With over 30 data centers in China, they extend over hundreds of nodes and cooperate with major telecom carriers, as well as private networks.
Some of the key features included with our Chinese service providers are:
- dedicated platform, service network, equipment and service team, with hundreds of nodes across China
- significant improvement of dynamic and static content access
- streaming media acceleration
- distributing large content acceleration
- improving site responsiveness and availability
- high speed transmission protocols ensure the files to be delivered at the user’s nearest node
- support various download tools from end-user
- licenses for delivering content throughout region
- security protection, supporting HTTPS protocol, using anti-theft methods
- help in obtaining more visitors to the web
- reducing your IT operation costs
- 24/7 system monitoring and customer services support
Find out more about our China Acceleration services here and learn to expand your websites reach and save money while optimizing delivery across this highly important region whose web landscape grows each minute.