Trustwave released the 2018 Trustwave Global Security Report which reveals the top security threats, breaches by industry, and cybercrime trends from 2017. The report is derived from the analysis of billions of logged security and compromise events worldwide, hundreds of hands-on data-beach investigations and internal research.
The findings detail improvements in areas such as intrusion and threat detection, however, they also show increased sophistication in malware, social engineering tactics, and advanced persistent threats.
Some of the key findings indicate that:
- North America and retail lead in data breaches
- Compromise and environment type matters
- Social engineering tops methods of compromise
- All web applications found to be vulnerable
- Web attacks becoming more targeted
Read more: Helpnet Security