CDNetworks Expands Their Presence Across EMEA, GlobalDots Linkedin Group And More in This Weeks News
CDNetworks launches its EMEA subsidiary
CDNetworks, a global content delivery (CDN) and cloud security provider announced on 20th September that they are launching their EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) subsidiary. Their dedicated support team and technical experts are going to be based in London to better support their customers. Other than London, they’ve also opened a sales office in Munich to further accelerate their growth. CDNetworks helps brands across an array of industries, including business services, retail and ecommerce, education, IT, manufacturing, media and entertainment, online gaming, online trading as well as travel and tourism.
Read more: CDNetworks
We Just Launched a LinkedIn Group – And You’re Invited!
The group is dedicated to promoting discussions about Cloud Security, DDoS Mitigation, Web Application Firewalls, Web Performance and Content Delivery Networks.
Basically, the best content the internet can offer on these topics is shared and discussed here. Don’t miss out on the opportunity and join the GlobalDots community!
Dyn launches Gauge, a browser extension for internet performance management
Gauge provides you with valuable insights into your internet (geo-location of sites, performance of cloud POPs from your location, performance comparisons by site, etc.).
- Measure your performance to specific websites and compare your internet performance with other users across town or around the world
- Determine geolocation where sites you visit are hosted
- See the location and performance of cloud service provider POPs (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.) from your location
Download Gauge here: Dyn Gauge
Bizety publishes an analysis of the competitive landscape in Q3 2016
Lots of news in the Web Performance industry this quarter, and here’s the summary:
- Cato Networks introduces the most disruptive business model in the last couple of years, which unifies an Aryaka and Zscaler like platform into one
- PerimeterX enters the market and introduces a new way for mitigating DDoS and Bot Attacks with client-side technology
- AWS is ferociously improving and building-up its WAF and DDoS Mitigation capabilities
- Google introduces a basic CDN and acquires Anvato
- Microsoft incorporates more cloud security features into the Azure platform, in order to offer it to customers
- The Cloud-Trio are giving away CDN accounts for free in order to attract new business
- Akamai and others are giving away free CDN services in some cases for the first ever in order to capture new business
Read more: Bizety
Quantil launches a global streaming service
Quantil video acceleration service is live and as they say – video acceleration isn’t an option, it’s required. Multi-screen, adaptive bitrate & analytics are the key features of their product that creates a great experience for the user. Quantil is a global network that has proven and advanced technology with over 600 PoPs (Points of Presence), and a data throughput surpassing 30 terabits per second.
Read more: Quantil Video Acceleration
IPv4 vs IPv6 security experiment
Daniel Cid, Sucuri’s CTO carried out an experiment aimed at showing just how much advantages in terms of security does IPv4 have against IPv6. He set up 10 servers and left their SSH ports open to external connections, 5 of them where ran on IPv4 & 5 of them on IPv6. The first IPv4 server fell after 12 minutes and quickly after that the remaining 4 while IPv6 servers remained intact.
“What we can draw from this is that the obscurity of IPv6 helps to minimize the noise of attacks, most likely, this is because it is more difficult to map the range of IPv6 addresses (2^128) than it is with the range of IPv4 addresses (2^32).”
– Daniel Cid (CTO of Sucuri)
Read the whole story here: Latest Hacking News
CloudFlare is now Cloudflare
Cloudflare is now 6 years old, and in their opinion, it’s time for a change. They’ve redesigned their logo, updated their typhography and changed the capital “F” in their name.
Read more: Cloudflare